Help Identifying Capacitor Value

turbines

Joined Oct 20, 2008
I have two identical capacitors that I need to replace on a PCB but I don't know what their value are and I have no schematic to refer to. Looking at them under a magnifier I can see three sets of number in a vertical pattern as shown.

16V
24 P or D neither suffix is very legible.

Can someone help me with this please.

Last edited:

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
My guess would be electrolytic or tantalum, 10 uF at 16 volts.

Is there a mark alligned with one terminal? A stripe or a polarity sign?

turbines

Joined Oct 20, 2008
My guess would be electrolytic or tantalum, 10 uF at 16 volts.

Is there a mark alligned with one terminal? A stripe or a polarity sign?
There is a black mark across one side of top adjacent to the numbers and it corresponds to one of the pigtails. I'll try to capture a picture and post it.

karthik_dm

Joined Oct 16, 2008
I have two identical capacitors that I need to replace on a PCB but I don't know what their value are and I have no schematic to refer to. Looking at them under a magnifier I can see three sets of number in a vertical pattern as shown.

16V
24 P or D neither suffix is very legible.

Can someone help me with this please.
--------------------
if it looks like a cylindrical can(electrolitic capacitor) with a color strip on one side,then the value will be 10uf and 16volts. if it is a ceramic disc (flat disc) it would be 10pf...

turbines

Joined Oct 20, 2008
Here is a picture of the component I need but searching the web I am having problems locating a similar capacitor. Many are physically too long to be installed in the the restricted location on the board.