Help identifying a Delphi connector

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by SoftwareGuy, Jun 17, 2015.

1. SoftwareGuy

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Please help me identify this connector if you can! My eyes are square from searching and I just can't seem to find this one. This is a Delphi connector, used on a KTM motorcycle for the Throttle Position Sensor, please see the images below. The markings "PBT GF10" refer to the material that it's made from. I can find them for sale for $15/ea plus shipping from KTM (KTM part number 000700000BZ), but I want to order a large number of them so I need the real Delphi part number, but I can't seem to figure it out. Please help if you can! Images are below.

connector-6-crop.JPG
    connector-5-crop.JPG

plug-crop.JPG

2. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    I worked for Delphi/Packard Electric for 30 years as a die/moldmaker and don't recognise that syle of connector. Or that style of identification. But it does have the Packard logo in the center of the date ring. It may be one of the newer foreign made type. That said, have you seen their online catalog? There are many, many differing Delphi connectors, and even many proprietary ones they don't list in the catalogs. Have you tried contacting Delphi sales?

http://www.delphi.com/manufacturers/auto/connection-systems/connection-system-e-catalog

Dr.killjoy likes this.
  3. Dr.killjoy

Apr 28, 2013
    Why are you ordering in such large quantities.. The part number won't help unless you have the tools to build those connectors . Also most times they are one off connector for the requested manufacture so that no connector can go on wrong.. I would call the guy to see if you can get a discount rate or buy from his supplier..

4. shortbus

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 30, 2009
    The good DR. has a point. When contacting Delphi sales also ask about the seals and terminals to go with the connector shell. This kind of stuff gets expensive fast, so be sitting down when you get the answer. If the KTM part comes with a pigtail on it, it may be cheaper than the individual parts. Looks like you'll need one shell, two different weather-pac seals and three terminals for each assembly.

5. bwilliams60

Nov 18, 2012
    Are you still looking for this connector. I may be able to help you.

6. SoftwareGuy

Oct 29, 2013
    Thanks everyone for the replies, I just realized I had replies here! I've contacted Delphi directly in the past when searching for other connectors, but never received a response. I'll try again.

I need many because for my side job I make tools that plug into the electrical connectors on motorcycles. If I can figure this one out then I can add one more motorcycle and sell a few more. I'm not making a lot, but it helps support my hobbies so it's worth the effort.

7. SoftwareGuy

Oct 29, 2013
    I am still looking, any help would be great!