Help Identify this microcontroller

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by hectorh, Aug 19, 2011.

1. hectorh

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Could you please help me identify this microcontroller? Here is what I know:

- 90% sure it is made by a Chinese or Korean company
    - TQFP-44
    - logo is a large "C" with a smaller "x" in the centre
    - chip markings are: "XC8807" and "230B"
    - 8Mhz external crystal
    - 5V supply

My final goal is to obtain a datasheet and programming information for it, however even determining the manufacturer is proving difficult. I have already browsed all the semiconductor logo websites I could find.

If I can find out the company that made it, I'll try contacting them.

Thank you,

2. praondevou

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 9, 2011
    The only manufacturer I find is XILINX. Their components begin with XC (image search google). However, they have a different logo.
  3. hectorh

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Yes, Infineon and Motorola also use "XC" prefixes. However I'm quite sure the chip I'm looking at is of Asian origin. It could be a clone of a more popular microcontroller, but searching for "*8807*" hasn't been very productive.

Other components on the board are:

• Array of push-pull transistors to drive external mecha
    • TI RS-485 transceiver
    • Power section
    • SDA/SCL (I2C) to a Sony Image Processing chip
    Notably absent from the board is an eeprom, which leads me to think that the microcontroller has built-in nv-ram/eeprom in addition to some type of flash to store the firmware.

There is also no visible JTAG port, however I do know the microcontroller can be programmed in-circuit.

My ultimate purpose is that I need to alter the commands being sent to the Sony Image processing chip and I'm trying to avoid having to use a "man-in-the-middle" attack to filter/replace the I2C bus data.
  4. atferrari

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 6, 2004
    Didn't Xicor used also that prefix in the past?

Not with micros anyway, IIRC.
  5. suds

Apr 28, 2009
    what board is it ?
    can you post picture of full board, any names, marking on board

it can be conexant also (may be old logo, I am guessing it)