Help identify this capacitor

klui

Joined Apr 14, 2008
I have some bad capacitors in a 2Wire router that I'd like to fix. They are aluminum electrolytic SMD caps that have a "K" outline on their tops that lead me to believe that they've gone bad. One of them has the following markings: E55 470 10v I take it as a 470uF rated at 10 volts. The other is harder and I've scoured for nomenclature that doesn't seem to fit the markings: 551 1500 6z Both of these capacitors are the same size. E55 has a green quarter semicircle along its left-hand side while 551 has a black quarter semicircle if it is significant. Thanks for any insights that any one may provide.

Caveman

Joined Apr 15, 2008
The K outline is okay as long as the can is not bulging. That is just scoring so that if it does blow, it can't BLOW. It'll just ooze out.

I think you are right about the first one. 470uF, 10V. The other I don't really know. Measure it.

klui

Joined Apr 14, 2008
Thanks for the reply. The aluminum electrolytes I've ran into never have a K on them, but I guess some larger ones have them. These aren't bulging but it is difficult to tell since the K outlines are a little bit bulgy. Reading others who have the same problem also implicates the problem to the wall wart.