Help Identify IC's

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by Capt. Rob, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Capt. Rob

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 22, 2015
    I have an autopilot project and need your help in identifying the two IC’s and who the manufactures are, in order to find a data-sheet on their usage! Any information would be helpful. Thanks, Rob :eek: chip1.jpg Chip2.jpg

2. ericgibbs

Jan 29, 2010
    hi,
    Two data-sheets for these devices.
    E

Capt. Rob likes this.
  3. praondevou

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 9, 2011
  4. praondevou

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 9, 2011
    Anyway the ones you posted seem to be Harris semiconductor which is now TI.

Capt. Rob likes this.
  5. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    Is the autopilot from an airplane? I presume it is and agree on the answers. I suspect that autopilot is >10 years old, probably >30 years old. Is this repair being made by a certified avionics repair station?

John

Capt. Rob likes this.
  6. Capt. Rob

Mar 22, 2015
    It is going to be used with the autopilot from my boat. I will post my progress as time goes on! Currently I have gathered up a step-servo motor, fluxgate and processor. I'm guessing around 1989 for the date. Thank You All for your input here! Rob ;)

7. Capt. Rob

Mar 22, 2015
    Thanks so much!

8. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    Now I can sleep at night. ;)

Sounds like a neat application. Here is an application note from Microchip you might find interesting: http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/00996a.pdf

John

Capt. Rob likes this.
  9. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    Interestingly the PID method of servo control originated in designing auto pilot for a boat, this was done by studying the Helmsman and details on how the corrections were made manually to formulate the PID loop we know.
    Max.

Capt. Rob likes this.
  10. Capt. Rob

Mar 22, 2015
    Thanks for the info Max! This is true! Being that I was in the control industry myself for 20 some odd years, I perfectly understand your thinking! Corrective actions are easy to manage, however, the reactions of PID loop must be adjusted during the timing oddly to a constant changing set point. ie. the vessels GPS or navigational system. Not trying to reinvent the wheel but to better understand Motion control with Longitude and Latitude having an effect on reaction timing of a PID loop. Thanks again for you share of knowledge. Regards, Rob

11. Capt. Rob

Mar 22, 2015
    Yes John Very Nice! Will take a look-see. Thanks again for your support and help!
    Best Regards, Rob

12. Capt. Rob

Mar 22, 2015
  13. praondevou

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 9, 2011
    It's in the first link

Capt. Rob likes this.
  14. Capt. Rob

Mar 22, 2015