Help identifing a part on motherboard

lilunwl

Joined Mar 29, 2009
I would use soldering braid and lay it across the 4 sides one at a time and take off most of the solder. Then I would use a bent needle lifting each pin individually while heating if necassary. I would also work under a good powered magnifying glass. Good luck its not "really easy" Its tough but doable.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Removals easy if you have the right tools, it is what a harp (hot air removal process) is designed to do. Works better with nitrogen, like I said.

I was a lead tech on the line that did it. Used to tick me off watching some of the operators, who were jacking their jaws with their neighbors and their heads swiveled 90° from the work. I sat and watch them burn great big brown bubbles in a board I spent 10 minutes troubleshooting.

I'd remove as much solder as possible, then cut the leads, followed by removing them one at a time.

lilunwl

Joined Mar 29, 2009
Harp process would be great if we were all rich!!! Ha hahaha Or worked in a real nice electronics shop :p How would you cut each of the legs?? Without damageing the board??? I would lift the legs individually if I were doing it. Just to be on the safe side. But choose your own method.