Help hooking up relay module

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Gabera, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Gabera

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Im trying to hook up a fiber optic sensor and solenoid valve into a OMRON G6B-4CB relay module... im pretty sure this is simple but I am not a proffesional thats why I am asking for your advise.

the sensor should activate the solenoid valve when the coil is energized.

This is the link of the PDF file of this Terminal relay module.

http://docs-europe.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/002b/0900766b8002b935.pdf

[​IMG]

2. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    Without knowing the part number of the solenoid or what fiber optic sensor you are using this is how it should work.
    When the fiber optic sensor is "triggered" it should energize the coil of the relay (common terminal and either 1,2,3, or pin 4 depending on which relay you are using).
    Then you hook your solenoid and power supply up to 1 set of the contacts so that a complete circuit is formed when the relay is energized (for example pins 9,13 will be connected when the relay with pin 1 is energized)

For example... you can hook up the - of your power supply to pin 9, then the + of your supply to one wire of the solenoid and then the other wire to pin 13.

3. Jaguarjoe

Apr 7, 2010
    If this is a 12v scheme, the FO sensor must be able to provide 27ma to energize the relay coil.
    If its a 24v scheme, you'll need 14.7ma.

4. Gabera

Mar 16, 2011

i have an OMRON E3X-A11 and a Norgren Solenoid valve model # MK01CEA74ALPA (24VDC).
    the pic attached is output circuit of the sensor

[​IMG]

5. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    The "load" in the diagram is your relay. the symbol to the right is the power supply

6. Gabera

Mar 16, 2011
    I knew that Thanks a lot :D:D