Help for UPS

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by A.S.P Sial, Apr 24, 2008.

1. A.S.P Sial

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 24, 2008
    hi
    I want to make aUPS for home please help me for the construction of a Ups spacially for an Inverter that is used in it
    I shall be very thank ful

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    There are actually several types of UPSs, you just described one of the them, an inverter that is continously loaded and the battery is kept on standby. It is pretty good isolation from outside glitches. The other kind the inverter kicks in when the power drops below a certain level (and the power is switched out). This is the more common option.

3. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    You can purchase a brand new 500 VA UPS complete with battery for $70 or even less.

You could easily spend far more than that just getting a few circuit boards made for your project.

Unless you have some specifics in mind, you would be better off buying one that's already built.

4. A.S.P Sial

Apr 24, 2008
    Thanks,
    But reason is that I am sdudent of telecom engineering and I have some subjects related to electronics, I want to make this as a project of my final exams and also I will use this for my home use.
    Please guide me about this. I am in the first year of my studies.

5. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Here is a link to a number of inverter circuits - http://www.discovercircuits.com/C/co-dctoac.htm.

With an inverter design in hand, all you need to do is make a charging circuit for the battery and a circuit to start the inverter when line power is lost.

These concepts are basic to a UPS. You might want to find some literature and become more familiar with them.

6. A.S.P Sial

Apr 24, 2008
    Thanks, I Try To Get Some Knowledge About This

7. thingmaker3

Retired Moderator

May 16, 2005
    More inverter circuits, and more importantly the theories behind them, can be found in Power Supplies: Switching Regulators, Inverters & Converters by Irving Gottlieb. ISDN 0-8306-1665-9