[Help-DESPERATE] LPC2318 board

d4n1s

Joined Dec 11, 2010
As you noticed I haven't replied for a while, I have been studing the user manual and have been trying to apply what I see here http://www.olimex.com/dev/pdf/lpc-p2138.pdf to my board.
Well... I have some questions regarding the above schematic. You can see that he has connected some capacitors to Vdd pins that they are then connected to gnd, what for? Why does he use diodes before the battery? Why does he use a resistor before the crystal oscillator while on the usermanual there isn't? Is the circuit with input jallas(on the top right) any useful for me? Because I can't understand how it is used. Regarding the reset circuit right bottom, how is this chip he uses called? Do I have to use something similar to my board or its just an extra feature, If I wont have to use it and I want to reset my ARM how will I do it? Also do I have to use vRef? Why does he connect resistors at jtag while the jtag manual says otherwise? What is dbg device?

d4n1s

Joined Dec 11, 2010
Check this schematic, and tell me what I need to add to it, so that my processor functions properly! and i can use it without any risk of destroying the processor or any sensor connected to it...

Attachments

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Check this schematic, and tell me what I need to add to it, so that my processor functions properly! and i can use it without any risk of destroying the processor or any sensor connected to it...
Retched has already given you help here . Why are you starting another thread?

What is an sch file?? Please post png files for schematics.

d4n1s

Joined Dec 11, 2010
yes, he did answered my question, on the crystal oscillator thing, also the schematic is way too big to fit in one image, its a .sch extension supported by the forum which most cad softwares use to draw your schematic.

However here it is...