Help converting schematic to breadboard - vibration sensor to led and buz.

HitEmTrue

Joined Jan 25, 2016
I built your circuit. I ran it from 12 V instead of 9 V and I don't have your sensor. When I touch the point where the sensor goes with my meter the LED blinks once. Is that what it is supposed to do, or is it supposed to blink continually? On power on I get one blink. It does the same thing at 5 V.
I believe it's supposed to light up/buzz for less than a second, then go off.

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
I built your circuit. I ran it from 12 V instead of 9 V and I don't have your sensor. When I touch the point where the sensor goes with my meter the LED blinks once. Is that what it is supposed to do, or is it supposed to blink continually? On power on I get one blink. It does the same thing at 5 V.
I simulated the circuit in post #32 and it behaves exactly as you described.

But I am now away from home with my family and don't have all the program tools and bandwidth to give further help.

Allen

Jeff Simons

Joined Jan 23, 2016
Thanks for all your input guys, especially absf.

I stripped it down and used new components and its working exactly as it should, I think one of the components may have been damaged in the initial setup when I didn't have it hooked up properly, its all good practise though! :D

Jeff Simons

Joined Jan 23, 2016
Out of interest, is it possible and if so, how easy would it be to add something to that circuit whereby no indication is given off when the sensor is activated for a second?

Basically the application I'm trying to use this in, it only requires indication if there is a steady flow of vibration, not just for the occasional knock.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Out of interest, is it possible and if so, how easy would it be to add something to that circuit whereby no indication is given off when the sensor is activated for a second?

Basically the application I'm trying to use this in, it only requires indication if there is a steady flow of vibration, not just for the occasional knock.
So you only want it to alarm if the sensor is set off more than once in a certain period? How many times in what period?

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Say after 2-3 times or after 2 seconds, not for long, just to allow for a false indication.
Timing components haven't been selected yet. A short timer, that is resettable, and a long timer. If the short timer is still set when the long timer times out it registers an error. I haven't built it yet.

Oops, I noticed a problem. Get back to you in a minute.
(edited to correct drawing)

Attachments

Last edited:

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
Timing components haven't been selected yet. A short timer, that is resettable, and a long timer. If the short timer is still set when the long timer times out it registers an error. I haven't built it yet.

Oops, I noticed a problem. Get back to you in a minute.
(edited to correct drawing)
Corrected schematic. Short time timer has been set to about 0.2 seconds and the long time timer to about 2 seconds. If the short time timer is still set when the long time timer times out it registers an error. (In theory).

Attachments