HELP!!!!! "clap robot"

ishaan3731

Joined Jun 23, 2011
i want to design a simple robot without using micro-controller that detects clap....and on hearing the clap it changes its direction

the basic working of this project would be:
1)a clap switch circuit that uses microphone to detect clap and then provide an appropriate output voltage
2)that output voltage can be used to drive an H-Bridge which then changes the direction of rotation of a motor ( i use two motors one for forward motion and one motor which will be used to turn against the motion of previous motor so as to change direction of the robot......)

please help me with the logic so that i am able to design the project.....
Actually i dont have much knowledge about H-bridge so while describing anything please provide the circuit diagram of the h -bridge(or the h-bridge IC) and also the clap switch.........

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
A hand clap is a loud sound. A dog barking is also a loud sound.
Something heavy falling on the floor is also a loud sound.

How will your circuit determine a hand clap and not one of the other sounds?

praondevou

Joined Jul 9, 2011
You will need to pass the signal from the microphone through a bandpass filter in order to distinguish more or less between the clap and other sounds.

Why do you need two motors if the robot goes only forward and backward?

ishaan3731

Joined Jun 23, 2011
first of all thanks to both of u...for replying to my post...

1)i think it wont hardly matter at first if my robo changes direction with a hand clap or dog bark.........

2) i want to make circuit as simple as possible ...

please check the rough block diagram i have uploaded in the image attached.....

DO U THINK A SINGLE MOTOR WUD BE ENOUGH TO DRIVE....INSTEAD OF USING TWO??????

according to my blck diagram.....first clap initiates the relay to cause anticlockwise motion of motor 2 and hence it continues this process till a second clap is made which makes motion of motor 2 clockwise.,......

Attachments