Help!! Blonde in need of assistance!!

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
Post #3 covered the mains connection pretty well.
Call me anal, but when I'm dealing with complete novices and power mains it never hurts to be as specific and redundant as possible. That graphic would have been better if it had included a note stating that the conductor colors shown are what are found in a 3 wire power cord and not simply used to spice up the graphic. The use of + & - also seems out of place. Yes I know.... picky picky picky and exceedingly anal too! :rolleyes:

Sincerely,
Adrian Monk :D

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
RE: BMorse. No response from motor when I tried the two blues. :( 20 days till Halloween! Keep em coming guys. Thank you
Does your school district have an adult education electronics class? I ask because this would be a good place to bring it to have the instructor and the students make a quick project out of it at minimal or no cost to you. You could also take the chance at driving it down to your local Motor & Pump repair, plop it on the counter, flutter your eye's, and say "What am I doing wrong here?" Followed by ... "Is this going to cost me anything? It's for the kids Halloween." ... Flutter eye's again. ;)

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
I found the following on Acopian's site. I couldn't find the other supply listed but have to assume that the part number implies a 34 volt supply. (34V is an available voltage, per Acopian's site)

Volts Amps Model Cost
0-15 8.0 A015HX800 $455

Could it be that the blue wires are indeed a brake and need the 34 volts to release??

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
I found the following on Acopian's site. I couldn't find the other supply listed but have to assume that the part number implies a 34 volt supply. (34V is an available voltage, per Acopian's site)

Volts Amps Model Cost
0-15 8.0 A015HX800 $455

Could it be that the blue wires are indeed a brake and need the 34 volts to release??

I posted both PSU datasheets in the first page of this thread.....

BMorse

Joined Sep 26, 2009
RE: BMorse. No response from motor when I tried the two blues. :( 20 days till Halloween! Keep em coming guys. Thank you

No noise whatsoever, a little humming perhaps?? Try connecting blue wires with motor leads, (1 blue to red, and one to Gray), then connect momentarily to power, see what happens.... (The motor could be burned out, that could be why the original owner sold it!)

On another note, you could go and purchase a cheap variable speed drill (variable speed to control the rate of trashing around...) from a local store (Harbor Freight if you have one near you) and buy the cheapest drill you can, and use this as the motor for your prop, this will eliminate the power supplies and motors, (and all the "mains" power discussions here). You can attach the offset weight for the motor to the drill and secure the drill in the props chest cavity.

you can see a sample project here >>> http://www.creepcrafters.com/Electrocution/elec7.htm << maybe it will get you going in the right direction.....

another way to automatically power it when someone comes close would be with a motion activated AC outlet like this one >>>> http://shopping.aol.com/motion-activated-outlet-plug-andev-model-sp-01/735266850 < find one that can handle atleast the same current requirements as the drill, you can find similar items at Menards, Home Depot, or Lowes, or any hardware/home improvement store in your area....

You can mount the drill in the prop, plug the drill into the outlet, wait until it detects motion and walla! you got some kid peeing his pants!

My .02

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
I posted both PSU datasheets in the first page of this thread.....
I looked at the datasheets you posted and found general information on a SERIES of supplies but couldn't find any reference to the rating of exact part number of the supplies listed by the OP. Fuse ratings were given but that didn't help determine the voltage/current ratings. Could you please direct me to that information on the sheets you posted?

dumb blonde

Joined Oct 9, 2009
Bmorse you are the man!! thank you! I have an old drill that will be perfect. See I at least i admit I'm dumb! lol and I looked at my sons scooter and same size motor runs on 24v but I can't rip his apart. Although the little punk deserves it. lol.Again THANKS 2 EVERYONE!!! I would tell my friends about your site, however I don't think you want anymore women w/ stupid questions harassing all of you. Tell you all how everything goes after d big day! Take care