Help Bandpass and Bandstop Filter using op-amps

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by chanz69, Oct 3, 2009.

1. chanz69

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Can some1 help me please post schematics of bandpass and bandstop filter using op-amp.. Vin = 5 Vrms 5Khz .. a little help with the values of the resistors and capacitors perhaps :).. i just needed that it would give a high k factor, thats all.. THX!!
  2. kkazem

Jul 23, 2009
    Hi chanz69,
    I don't want to do your homework for you, but I will help. Simply do a google search on active filters or active bandpass then active bandstop filters with perhaps the word op-amp in the search terms. You'll get several sites with cookie-cutter active filters using op-amps and all you have to do is plug-in the numbers and compute the component values. Although if I were you, I'd simulate it using PSPICE since it's free to download and use it without limitations (go to Linear Technology Corp's site. THey have their LTSPICE that is better than any other spice simulator i've ever used. And there's an active user's group. Do a google search on ltspice or go to Linear Technology Corp's site and search for LTSPICE and download it for free, unlimited time, and unlimited nodes. There are tons of free component models, and they are famous for great op-amp IC's for which they have every one of them on their site with a spice model. Best of all, you can use any other PSPICE or most any SPICE simulator models or sub-circuits and it will work with little or no modification. They have great documentation, user guides, and a tutorial for new users.
  3. chanz69

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 29, 2009
    thx man.. ill check that out..
  4. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    TI also has a program called FilterPro. I don't have the link handy, but it is easy to find on the TI site. There is also documentation associated with it that gives a step-by-step procedure for chosing component values.