Help About Clippers And Clampers??????

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by dogar sahab, Apr 4, 2008.

1. dogar sahab

Thread Starter Active Member

Mar 15, 2008
    i am fully awre how to draw the waveforms of CLIPPERS and CLAMPERS.but i ant to know their practical applications...Where are they used????i am actually 1 year student of electrical engineering...so i want to know their practical approach..nad please discuss any difficult case of CLIPPERS and CLAMPERS...because i found drawing their waveforms easy and effortless!!!!are the as much easy...i found them so!!!!

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    I don't know all their current uses, but they used to be a major component in FM, used in leu of a Automatic Gain Control. You cascade amps and clippers and you eventually get a maxed out waveform.

Another use is to limit an analogue signal to a digital level.

3. dogar sahab

Thread Starter Active Member

Mar 15, 2008
    I ALSO WANT TO KNOW ABOUT ripple factor..can u guide me through this topic...and i want to ask about the averge value of sine wave..is it really zero...and what about its relationship as
    0.318Vmax

4. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    If a sine wave has symmetrical excursions positive and negative, then the average value has to be zero. Measurement is done by using a rectifier circuit to take the absolute value of the sine wave, and then measuring the average or RMS value of the unipolar waveform.

5. hgmjr

Jan 28, 2005
    Take a look at the two links provided to the AAC ebook for information on clippers and clampers.

Clippers

Clampers

hgmjr

6. Xolisa.X

Apr 14, 2008
    ................Yes its easy to draw but im just memorising