Help a beginner do something fun with this

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Teknolog, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Teknolog

Thread Starter Member

Sep 1, 2013
    Hi

I'm a beginner at electronics. I've a aquired a "kit" with electronic components and I want tips/suggestions what fun stuff can be made with them. I would mostly like to make something that can generate sound which can be connected to a speaker but I don't know if there are enough components for this. Anyway here's the list of components (note that I've translated from another language so if something doesn't make sense please notify me):

Please give me suggestions on fun stuff that can be made from this. :)

2. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Did the kit not come with a list of projects? Maybe you can find a list provided with a similar kit.

3. Shagas

May 13, 2013
  4. Ramussons

May 3, 2013
  5. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    It might be OK up to 9V or so, but at 12V or more, I agree it would be bad news. When a reversed biased LED fails, what happens? Does it fail to a short or open?

6. Ramussons

May 3, 2013

It would fail to a short, and burnout to open when the current goes up. At least in theory :D I have not done this experiment.:D:D

Ramesh

7. Shagas

May 13, 2013
    Blowing up component is part of learning :D sounds like fun to me.

8. Teknolog

Thread Starter Member

Sep 1, 2013
    I've decided I want to make an audio oscillator. Could someone please help me find a circuit design that would be possible to make with the components I have?

9. Metalmann

Dec 8, 2012

While trying to learn about LEDs, I've only burnt out 15 or so........so far.

And, those were all the 1 Watters.:cool:
    I now know what they can handle safely.....only if they were exactly alike, which they aren't.;)

10. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    You can use those op-amps to accomplish that.
    Also, look here.