Hello

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by dMoser, Aug 26, 2011.

1. dMoser

Thread Starter Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Hi,

I'm glad to join the forums.

I work as a validation engineer in a team which validates SW (mostly) & HW of cellular chips.

I find validation position to be mostly about preparing the right setup for the test.
    For example, I oftenly need to compare the DUT performance with that of a reference device, and for that I need to make sure that they both have the same conditions - i.e. same configuration, same cellular signal environment, etc.

Many times I run into setup problems that prevent me from starting off with the tests - like new drivers that need to be installed, special equipment that I need to get for the test..

Also, when I completed the test and got bad results, I need to question myself whether this is really a SW bug, or was I doing something wrong with the setup or the test itself that caused that problem...

Well, that is my routine as a validation engineer, and it's not easy :)

I actually also study electric engineering, and I'm one year from graduration (3 down).
    I'm looking forward to starting off with my final year project, which I intend it to deal with cellular communication.

I hope to fit in well here :)

2. Sparky49

Jul 16, 2011
    Welcome!..

3. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Welcome aboard. What do you think is interesting during your time off?

4. dMoser

Thread Starter Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Thanks guys.

During my leisure time I like catching a movie or TV series, going out for a drink with my best friend, and I'm also in the pursuit of finding the right girl for me :)

I wish I could say that I like expanding my knowledge in cellular in my free time, but I work so hard that when I get home, I can't even think of studying.

Sparky49 likes this.
  5. Sparky49

Jul 16, 2011
    Yeah, yeah, whatever you say.:p;)

6. ht systems

Aug 2, 2011
    welcome , have fun here

7. mwh624

Nov 6, 2009
    welcome to the forums

8. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    Welcome, sorry if I barked at you in your other post. I was frustrated with my own goings on.