Hello

dMoser

Joined Aug 25, 2011
Hi,

I'm glad to join the forums.

I work as a validation engineer in a team which validates SW (mostly) & HW of cellular chips.

I find validation position to be mostly about preparing the right setup for the test.
For example, I oftenly need to compare the DUT performance with that of a reference device, and for that I need to make sure that they both have the same conditions - i.e. same configuration, same cellular signal environment, etc.

Many times I run into setup problems that prevent me from starting off with the tests - like new drivers that need to be installed, special equipment that I need to get for the test..

Also, when I completed the test and got bad results, I need to question myself whether this is really a SW bug, or was I doing something wrong with the setup or the test itself that caused that problem...

Well, that is my routine as a validation engineer, and it's not easy :)

I actually also study electric engineering, and I'm one year from graduration (3 down).
I'm looking forward to starting off with my final year project, which I intend it to deal with cellular communication.

I hope to fit in well here :)

dMoser

Joined Aug 25, 2011
Thanks guys.

During my leisure time I like catching a movie or TV series, going out for a drink with my best friend, and I'm also in the pursuit of finding the right girl for me :)

I wish I could say that I like expanding my knowledge in cellular in my free time, but I work so hard that when I get home, I can't even think of studying.