Hello

engineersnoopy

Joined May 2, 2008
I couldnt find anything that i wanted to post on at the moment, so i figured i would just start a thread here to say hello. I stumbled on the all about circuits site a year ago. Then the summer hit and i completely forgot. I remembered again and checked it out. So today, i figured i would join the forum.

I am a college student and I like 19 hours before having my bachelor's in EE. I am working full time in a co-op position at the moment. Our college has this program where you can work in an actual engineering job before you graduate. You work one semester then go to school the next. You do this for two consecutive years. I said no at first, but after 3 ½ solid years of engineering, i was about keel over from mental exhaustion.

I got a job at a semiconductor research place. I do super secret stuff :) It has definately helped me in deciding who i want to work for when i graduate. My family never talks to me about work much, because when i mention wafers, fabs, SEMs, doping, probes, or devices they just give me that blank stare... Its hard to explain what i do to people who have never worked in a fab or on a design project.

I believe my favorite subject would have to be analog circuits. I want to work somewhere where I can design, build, and test circuits.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Welcome to All About Circuits!

Glad you decided to sign-up, and we hope the site serves you well.

On the subject of gaining industrial experience during the course of your studies, all I can say is get what you can, it will serve you well in the future. Firstly, you gain some valuable hands-on experience you won't get as part of your formal academic education. Secondly, you will gain some valuable contacts that may serve you well in the future. Thirdly, you will stand out from your peers come graduation time and the subsequent job-hunting. Finally, you will hopefully earn a bit of cash while you are at it. I worked in a PowerMOS fab for 3 months in the summer while I was at university, I still have contacts on the inside of the said company.

Dave