Hello to AAC

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by EngIntoHW, Apr 24, 2010.

1. EngIntoHW

Thread Starter Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Hi.

I'm a third year EE student, and have been dealing during the past one and a half years with several communication protocols (ZigBee, SPI, UART, USB).

I mostly deal with programming an 8051 Uc (from TI) to satisfy the needs of our system.

I love it when I get into circuits design at work.

I hope to use this forum to enlrage my knowledge on issues which I deal daily and to meet new people who are into electronics.

Regards.

2. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    Hello also. I see your interested in Zigbee, what did you have in mind to talk about?

And be careful with that enl-rage.. It'll bite you every time ;)

joking.. I saw an e-mail from you, but couldn't respond.

3. EngIntoHW

Thread Starter Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Thanks for the welcome guys.

I actually read the part that discusses operational and differential amplifier, which helped me quite a bit when I was studying Analog Circuits course a few months ago.

I'm programming an 8051 Uc from TI using ZigBee stack.
    So far I mostly took care of the application layer to serve our purposes (such as operating other ICs and drivers), and haven't dealt with the topic of network communication.

Now, I was given the task to take one of the sample applications provided by TI and on top of it develop our network mechanism from scratch (and then add the application level which I already got written).

I'm pretty excited about it and I'd probably have some questions to ask in the near future.

I assume you got to experience ZigBee.
    In what way if i'm allowed to ask?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  4. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    I bought a box of frosted Zigbee flakes, and ate the WHOLE box.

I have only hobby experience with Zigbee. I have yet to use it on anything other than communicating around the house, or more likely the workbench.

I use PIC uCs to get everything in line. And I usually use a EasyPIC6 for my designing phases.

5. EngIntoHW

Thread Starter Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Hi.
    I appreciate you dealing with ZigBee as an hobby, since its not that simple to build up a ZigBee network that follows your requirements.

I invested the last week absorbing a large theoretical knowledge about ZigBee, which adds up to the knowledge I gathered during the past year which is both theoretical and practical.

Working with ZigBee development kit I got here would be great and exciting for me.

I hope to do well on that.

Any tips? :)

6. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    Well, you probably have a bunch of knowledge that many people would be happy to have. You may be able to help folks here.

My first Zigbee project was a pre-done project that I just followed. That got the wheels turning.

Whats your interest in it? Is there an ultimate goal? Or are you just filling the brain cells?