hello multiplexing....

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Pause at 0:10. You can see those leds are arranged in lines going radially from the center. Also you can see how the colors are arranged in circular bands. Pause any other frame to see which leds are on.
The rest is just clever programming to make nice effects. If you want it, then build it and try to get some nice patterns yourself.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
HII KUBEEK NICE SEE YOU ONCE AGAIN HERE,
Anyway, i wrote some specification here which i dnt get!
he says this, but i dnt get it!

Table 1. super bright LED lights and power savings . Rates 1200 - 1800 e / shadow
Table 2. Matrix : Price 9,000,000 - 13,000,000 / m2
3. Sea / Hi-flex canvas panel : Price 160,000 VND / m2
4. Sea / Hi-flex canvas lined corrugated board : Price 230,000 VND / m2
Table 5. religious Decal stickers . Price 220,000 VND / m2
6. Light box 1 side / 2-sided . Price 460,000 VND / m2
Table 7. aluminum Alu mounted braille . Price 450,000 VND / m2
8.Op Alu.Gia aluminum facades from 480,000 VND / m2
9. letters , text box , logo , other decorations . Prices from 750,000 to 4,500,000 VND / m2
Table 10. Companies , Nr , table names , titles

John P

Joined Oct 14, 2008
Rritesh, you spend enough time here that it would be worth putting more work into writing comprehensible English. Have you got a friend who could help you? Capital letters would be a useful way to start.

What I think you just said was:
OK, let's move on. Is it easier to control an LED from a PC via a LAN or RS232? I would just make it blink at first, then move on to something more complicated.

If that's what you're thinking of, I'd suggest getting a microcontroller linked to a PC via USB--your choice of PIC or Arduino etc. Create hardware and software for the processor to operate some number of LEDs, starting with just a few, but with a plan for the number to increase as you develop more code. Make it possible for the PC to load a sequence of operations for the LEDs into the processor. Develop the patterns you want to see on the PC, then try them out on the processor system, with the idea that eventually it will be fully automatic.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hello,
If that's what you're thinking of, I'd suggest getting a microcontroller linked to a PC via USB--your choice of PIC or Arduino etc. Create hardware and software for the processor to operate some number of LEDs, starting with just a few, but with a plan for the number to increase as you develop more code. Make it possible for the PC to load a sequence of operations for the LEDs into the processor. Develop the patterns you want to see on the PC, then try them out on the processor system, with the idea that eventually it will be fully automatic.
I want to control led from screen over mouse not from keyboard...
plaese tell how to create a screen i have used serial communication over rs232 usb adapter to pic16f877s

thanks

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hello,
A application which is cable of control or act as switch from PC which may be operated from internet or networking switching Electronics appliance.

John P

Joined Oct 14, 2008
Surely this is a change in topic from automatic scrolling displays?

If you want to control operation of a PC via the Internet, look up <remote control of pc> or similar topic. There's free software out there to do that.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hello,
No scrolling just switching via PC .
For example there will be a custom design window designed by me! which will control press on/off the led serial communication to micro!

John P

Joined Oct 14, 2008
You can get incredibly cheap Arduino boards with a USB port. I think that's your best approach, though if you prefer the PIC processors, you could set up a system using a USB-serial converter. USB has an advantage over the old RS232 ports that it can supply power from the computer, so you can run your project without any extra power supplies and cables. But that's only true if it doesn't draw much current, which these displays certainly would.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
You can get incredibly cheap Arduino boards with a USB port. I think that's your best approach, though if you prefer the PIC processors, you could set up a system using a USB-serial converter. USB has an advantage over the old RS232 ports that it can supply power from the computer, so you can run your project without any extra power supplies and cables. But that's only true if it doesn't draw much current, which these displays certainly would.
Hello,
I have USB adapter which convert serial TX RX Data from micro to USB communication to PC, so it work as RS232!

The hard part here isn't answering the question, it's figuring out what the question is.
Actually i am not sure how to spell this Technical term to " Appliance controlling from PC"
which is usually a automation.
I hope now you can understand the question, automation is to be done from PC screen via mouse not from Keyboard!

John P

Joined Oct 14, 2008
Aren't they a mean bunch, Rritesh. But you see how people lose patience when you don't communicate clearly.

A serial port isn't RS232 unless it operates with +/-12V signal levels, but calling serial ports RS232 is a mistake people make here all the time.

To send data over a serial port (a real one, or simulated using USB) based on mouse operation on a PC, you have to write software for the PC. I'm no expert, but I can do this for simple things using C. I have the LCC C compiler which I get free off the Internet, but probably a simpler alternative would be to use Visual Basic. To build this project, you'll have to learn how to program the computer, one way or another.

RRITESH KAKKAR

Joined Jun 29, 2010
Hello,
Lets come back to topic!
post #1
There are total 32x16 leds
or 16x16 x2
i was just thinking to get that patterns, how?
is is the the circuit to be know to get matrix?