Hello, LED headtorch switching sollutions

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by dontgetoutenough, Mar 6, 2011.

1. dontgetoutenough

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Hello all,
    This is my first post, ive been trawling here 2 days as google searches came up with this site so often in my queery that i had to post, i have searched here and found almost what im after but feel slightly overwhelmed after absorbing all this information

the circuit is for a headtorch incorporating a 3021 buckpuck to drive 3 xpg LED's in series from a 12v 6800ma lipo battery, as well as 2no ultrabright 5mm LEDS

i have done this previously using a rotary 5way switch with resistors, the sequence was this
    off/2no small 5mm LEDS/20% xpg/50% xpg/100% xpg

the switch is bulky and i would like a neater looking light and was hoping to do the same or near enough sequence using a momentary switch

my experiance is little, prevoiusly ive assembled a few maplins pcb kits, the most rescent a 12v night sensor relay, i am willing to learn and post photo,s of the end result, ive just purchased a bread board and now want to experiment
    i have been looking at 555 timers/monostable/astable/pnp, im a bit overwelmed at the moment your help would be great