Hello IP address

Discussion in 'Computing and Networks' started by RRITESH KAKKAR, Mar 21, 2015.

1. RRITESH KAKKAR

Thread Starter Senior Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Hello,
    I have notice many times that my PC when i use search engine Google it shows diff states i.e. it link to diff states that mean IP address changes automatically what is the reason of it??

2. tom_s

Jun 27, 2014
    1 - how google treats you, well no answer there
    2 - you assume your ip changes
    3 - calling your internet service provider and asking them may be more fruitful
    4 - what is diff?

3. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    OP likes to SMS more !!

4. RRITESH KAKKAR

Jun 29, 2010
    Hello,

I am using modem for data service, I have the gsm or hspa 3g.
    is there any internal problem in pc to to be updated i was searching in Google it say it happen , but why?

5. RRITESH KAKKAR

Jun 29, 2010
    sorry??

6. DumboFixer

Feb 10, 2009
  7. RRITESH KAKKAR

Jun 29, 2010
    dynamic mean which changes like web pages, how to make it stable, is there any disadvantages of it!

8. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    To have a static ip address you have to talk to your isp, and probably pay some money. If you are on a cell phone connection, I dont think you can have a static ip.

9. RRITESH KAKKAR

Jun 29, 2010
    i have Modem!

10. joeyd999

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 6, 2011
    Every time you disconnect/reconnect, your computer will be provided with a different IP address via DHCP during PPP negotiation. There is likely no way for your ISP to provide you a static (fixed) IP address.

11. RRITESH KAKKAR

Jun 29, 2010
    Is there any disadvantages of it?

12. joeyd999

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 6, 2011
    Not today, AFAIK.

You can even use a dynamic DNS server (like afraid.org) to assign a domain name to your changing IP. I do that for my home and office servers.

13. Ramussons

May 3, 2013
    There is a shortage of IP addresses on IPV4. This is overcome in IPV6, but that has not been widely implemented yet.

Since all Internet users are not on line all the time, IP addresses are allocated only to users who are Online AND Active (Dynamic allocation of IP Address). This helps to conserve the available IP addresses.

Your ISP has a bank of IP addresses that is shared between the users - First Come First Served. Many a time, the number of users exceed the available addresses and all will not get connected.

As mentioned in earlier posts, your ISP can allot a Fixed/Static IP Address on a additional payment.

Every time you disconnect/reconnect, your Modem (not the computer) will be provided with a different IP address via DHCP during PPP negotiation.

The ISP can allocate a Fixed IP address on an additional payment.

The interconnect between the modem and the computer is independent of the link with the ISP and can have a Fixed IP address (required in Port Forwarding).

The IP address (dynamically) allocated to the Modem is a Public IP Address, while what the computer has is a (dynamic) Private IP Address.

RRITESH KAKKAR likes this.
  14. tom_s

Jun 27, 2014
    post #6 and post #13 have answered your questions

for a fixed (static) ip, you need to talk to your service provider. they will fill you in on any requirements needed

not knowing what sort of 'modem' you have, it might be better to use as a door stop

RRITESH KAKKAR likes this.
  15. RRITESH KAKKAR

Jun 29, 2010
    Thanks for clearing doubt.