Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by m124z, Jul 19, 2010.

1. m124z

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Hello,
    I code/program for a living (mainly C#.net, SQL server these days), and have been doing so for the past 14 years.

I have not studied electronics or dabbled with it in any way for about 18 years now. Lots of inclination and interest but not enough time.

Well, after all these years I am looking to get into learning electronics. I hope it is not too late (I turned 40 some months ago). There are just so may resources for self-study nowadays (free e-books at this site, MIT Open Courseware, etc) that we did not have when I was in college.

Anyway, I am beginning to read from the first DC book. I purchased a "Simpson 260", a Tektronix 453 oscilloscope and a soldering gun from an estate sale, all for $60 over the weekend. My friend, a former Navy electronics technician helped me buy these. All are in good functional condition. I have no idea how to use any of them, but I plan to find out. :)

I am really excited and looking forward to learning and building projects. Any advice/suggestions would be most welcome.

Sincerely,
    -Justin

2. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
  3. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

Good to hear you like the site.
    If you have any questions, start asking.
    We will be happy to answer the questions.

There is also the eBook, see the tabs on the top of the page.
    Did you also look at the useful websites thread:
    Useful websites for electronics (Ver. 2)
    Or the RF related links thread:
    RF related links

Bertus

4. Mike33

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 4, 2005
    It's never too late! Welcome, and get reading. Grab some resistors, batteries, wires, breadboard and a DMM, and do some of the basic exercises until you 'get it'. You'll be building cool stuff in no time :eek:)