Helensson Synare 3 clone - LOVE it! -any cool mods?

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by audemsystems, Jul 23, 2014.

1. audemsystems

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Hi folks, I'm new here, this looks like a great group and I hope I can contribute. I mostly like analog circuits.... kits and modding. I just finished a clone kit from helensson.com and I really love how true it is to the original. It's the synare 3 "ufo" drum synth circuit. This has to be one of the most versitle analog sound circuits out there.

I'm interested to see if anyone has made any cool mods to a synare 3 or the helensson clone circuit. Mainly like ....maybe an auto-trigger circuit, or a sequencer like the one that was avaliable for the original. I have added a LDR (light dependant resistor) with great results, but now I want see what else might be out there in the way of modifications!

any ideas?

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  3. audemsystems

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 23, 2014
    Thanks bertus ..... for the reference to the previous post!

not my experience at all but I can assure everyone that it is not a beginners kit. I actually did need to contact helensson for some advice on some resistor values that I wanted to change for a range switch in order to sweep higher and lower. He (helensson) gave me excellent support and even offered to do some mods for me as long as I paid shipping.

Anyway, I have had a few bad components come in other kits, so when possible I test any active component before I solder it unless it has a socket provided. Is just the norm that 99% of components these days are produced in china.... where quality control is not the greatest.

hey....I'm still looking for any mods done by other builders of this kit! thanks

Last edited: Jul 25, 2014