Heater Design

ELECTRONERD

Joined May 26, 2009
Hey Guys,

Due to the fact I'm in the temperate zone, winter is creeping up soon. People expect it will be a freezing winter, and even though it's fall I've been cold a couple of times. My room gets colder than other parts of the house and so I wanted to design my own heater that I can plug in. I like the type where it has a heating element with a fan, used to blow the hot air around. Any suggestions on how I should design this?

Thanks!

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I understand you like to build things;) But I would recommend you to purchase a commercial model which is approved for such use. This because of fire hazard. If something goes wrong while you are sleeping, you may never wake up

Last edited:

ELECTRONERD

Joined May 26, 2009
I understand you like to build things;) But I would recommend you to purchase a commercial model which is approved for such use. This because of fire hazard. If something goes wrong while you are sleeping, you may never wake up
Yeah, that's definitely true. Commercial heaters meet safety regulations, mine probably wouldn't. I think that's what I'll do! Thanks! ;)