Headphone/Microphone cable

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by bwilliams60, Apr 30, 2014.

1. bwilliams60

Thread Starter Active Member

Nov 18, 2012
    I wonder if anybody here would know where to get a 5 wire cable for a microphone/headphone setup commonly used with PC's. My son is a gamer and has probably run over his cable one too many times and now he has no microphone. I have gone online and I would have thought there would be a huge marke for this kind of stuff but I'm having a hard time finding it. Any help would be much appreciated. The cable that is currently on it is a single grey cable with five wires. It splits off into two jacks about six inches from the end. Not worried about that, just need cable.

2. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
  3. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Are you planning on splicing in some new cable, or just repairing the existing one?

You could make the split much farther from the computer, allowing you to use more easily found cable, two of them, and then secure them together as needed. Maybe not so elegant, but it would work.

4. bwilliams60

Thread Starter Active Member

Nov 18, 2012
    I am planning on splicing in new cable right from the headphones and jack and running it to length and installing new RCA jacks. I really didn't think it would be so hard to find this cable. Someone should start selling this stuff. You would think there is a market for it.

5. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    One of the best sources I have found for cable wire and made up cables is Mono Price.
    Prices are very reasonable.
    Max.

wayneh likes this.