Headphone amplifier Project

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by damochi, Oct 20, 2007.

1. damochi

damochi Thread Starter Active Member

Hi everyone i'm doing my final year project on Headphone Amplifiers and i'll like some help from anyone out there thats got ideas about these project any suggestion would be welcomed e.g design, testing, circuits and improvements e.t.c
  2. cumesoftware

cumesoftware Senior Member

Post the circuit please, or else we can't give you suggestions.
  3. beenthere

beenthere Retired Moderator

Since the output power is low, class A operation is practical for headphone amps. Unless it's for something that uses MP3 comressed files as a source, in which case it's going to make the sound worse.
  4. zane9000

zane9000 Member

Ive never heard of the file type having anything to do with the amplifier. can you elaborate?
  5. beenthere

beenthere Retired Moderator

MP3 is a lossy compression algorithm. MP3 files played back through really good audio amps are obvoiusly missing sonic components. It's not really significant with rock, but try a violin solo sometime.
  6. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

It also depends on the bit rate, i've been impressed by the quality of some mp3's. as far as the original question headwize.com has some links for headphone amps.