Having hard time decisioning what school should I enter.

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
As said, I am having hard time decision what should school I enter.
Some schools are over, in other hands I am not satisfied with some schools.
Oh, none of them exactly meets what I wanted in a one school.
I wish there is a high school education in my past school. Education and environment in my past school was so very nice. I like it.

Now, any advice on me in decision what school should I get?

Thanks.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
This is one I can't even begin to help with, as people around here won't have a clue what your choices are. In my area we have charter schools for gifted students, as well as the conventional ISDs (reads like greek, doesn't it).

I'm guesstimating you are going into the 6th grade, maybe the 7th?

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Nope. there is no 7th grade in us. now, i've graduated as 6th grade, then now move on high school. which will begin 1st year.
but yeah, having hard time decisioning. :(

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
In Texas high school is grades 9-12. Middle school are grades 6-8. Are you saying high school doesn't use numbers in your country? Possible, but I find it hard to believe. But then, I have no clue how schools are organized in the Philippines.

In the USA we have 13 to 14 grades, Head Start, Kindergarten, and grades 1-12. Most people graduate high school when they are 17 or 18 years old. High school also refers to Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, and Senior. In college you get to do it all over again, starting with Freshman.

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
Okay.
This is the organized rankings of schools.
Preschools
1. Nursery
2. Kindergarten
3. Preparatory
(optional, you could start at grade I)
Grade School
Grade I, Grade II, Grade III, Grade IV, Grade V, Grade VI(graduated elementary).
High School
1st Year, 2nd Year, 3rd Year, 4th year(graduated high school)

You should be at least 7 years of age if you want to start your grade I schooling. :D

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
In Greece, there are two choices as far as highschool education is concerned. General (standard) highschool which refers to students who want theoretical education and a chance on Universities later, and technical highschool, which is more practical but unfortunately a pretty much discontinued project by the government. Still an option for many kids though.

If the particular school and its location is what concerns you though, we can't help you much with it now, can we?

You could go over the nearest schools and take a peak. Family members with older kids might help too.
Personally, I also don't like private highschools, here in Greece they are just the same as the public ones, but a bit cleaner and on a payroll.

Edit:
Our education ladder:
age 6: Elementary school, classes 1st to 6th.
age 12: Gymnasium, classes 1st to 3rd.
age 15: Lyceum (Highschool), classes 1st to 3rd.
age 18: Higher education, 2 to 5 years, depending on the college/university you choose.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
In the USA Head Start starts at 3 years old, maybe 4. 1st grade should be around 5-6 years old, 5 is preferred. You guys start a lot later over there.

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
The only thing I'd like about private schools is that they are limited up to 20 pupils only per section. But in public schools, be ready and not be so shocked when you see about 60-80 pupils there!. 0_O

But in private schools (the last I entered), we're only 5!!!! :D

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
In the USA Head Start starts at 3 years old, maybe 4. 1st grade should be around 5-6 years old, 5 is preferred. You guys start a lot later over there.
In the Philippines, you can start your 1st grade at 6 years old. )

Anyway, there are some international schools in the Philippines. Some are American standards. but the tuition fee is a half million pesos. EH>??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????//
I'd better go to USA and school there.;)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Not a good time, with the budget crunch in the USA education is getting the short shrift. It will sort itself out, but it takes time.

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
Jeez, you guys can graduate at 16??
Were just getting into the hang of high-school then.
How old do you have to be to drive?

Lightfire

Joined Oct 5, 2010
I guess, at the age of 18 you can drive as long as you have the license.

There are two stages in driving if I not mistaken. One, student license and second, fully licensed. Not to mention if driving is your profession, then you have to get professional license.

Lightfire