Have to see it to believe it - now the camera won't turn off

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by gonecanoeing, Sep 29, 2009.

1. gonecanoeing

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Recently took my camera along when I had an Ion Cleanse treatment (a machine in which you immerse your feet in water and ionic through exchange toxins are drawn out of the body through your feet). Maybe it is just coincidence, but I took photos while my feet were in the water and the current was going through my body and after I took the photos I could not shut off my camera.

My camera is an Olympus C-770 digital camera and I am wondering if I messed up something with the polarity of the camera.

Despite the stupidity of my actions I am hoping I can reverse the effects on my camera.

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Pull the batteries, wait 10 minutes, and reinsert them (or wait while they recharge). See if it isn't back to normal.

3. THE_RB

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 11, 2008
    That's pretty common whenever a camera has had its Ions Cleansed. The camera gets real happy and just want to frolic and play, not go to sleep. Eventually it's little Ions will get all dirty again and the camera will just want to sleep.
    :D

4. bountyhunter

Sep 7, 2009
    Before you run electricity through your body again, bear in mind heart arrythmias can be fatal and your heart runs on electricity.