Harmonics assignment..

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by stinky111, May 23, 2012.

1. stinky111

Thread Starter Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Hi all,
    Im in the process of starting a harmonics assignment... Google searches have kinda led me round in circles a bit & struggling to find the info required...

Can anyone recommend an good e-book or similar, abit of a beginners guide I guess would be great..
    Thx Alot
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
  2. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    We would need a lot better idea of what you are working on than just "a harmonics assignment".

What class is this for? Is it a circuits class? A vibrations class? A math class?

What about the book for the class? Why aren't you finding it helpful?
  3. stinky111

Thread Starter Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Hi, The class is a 3phase, calculations, & Transformers class...
    We do not have a "Book" for this class, thats why we have been told to research harmonics, graphs showing, the effects harmonics has, etc etc etc...
  4. amilton542

Nov 13, 2010
    Smells like power eng. A good place to start is the different sources which generate harmonics. I would then progress onto the effects these have on the system then I would consider mitigation techniques. For a well-rounded assignment I'd also consider three seperate sources to parrot-talk about in detail .

Have you considered the AAC Ebook Vol II AC?

stinky111 likes this.
  5. t_n_k

AAC Fanatic!

Mar 6, 2009
    If you are looking at harmonics in transformers as part of the literature search then you probably can't go past the J&P Transformers Book.
    stinky111 likes this.