Harmonic Exciter circuit help!!

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by KRT87, Mar 22, 2011.

1. KRT87

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I'm building a harmonic exciter (see attachment) as one of my uni projects and found a nice circuit diagram online for a Aphex Aural Exciter type B (essentially generates additional harmonic content to audio which improves clarity etc) that I want to build. Problem is there are bits on the diagram that's confusing me :confused: so any clarifications will be very helpful indeed.

My main confusion is with the two numbers next to the LM13700 chip pins (labeled 1/2 U303 on diagram). Do these mean both these pins are connected together OR I use just one of the pins? For example pins (5,12) & (7,10) are shown connected together to a resistor (51K) then to ground, can this be right?
    I'm encountering the same problem with the other chip sets (TL072, labeled 1/2 U101~3)

Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    A link or the actual schematic would be helpful.

3. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    CRAP! I forgot my "hidden attachment viewing glasses" in my other pants.

;)

4. KRT87

Mar 22, 2011
    Crap why didn't the attachment show? oh well... I reposted the attachment on original post

5. KRT87

Mar 22, 2011
    Reposted with "visible" attachment!

6. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
    The use of the 1/2 or 1/3 or 1/6 sometimes

usually indicates that the IC package contains 2 or 3 or 6 or the logic types shown. 2 op amps, or 2 NAND gates etc etc.

SEE THE DATASHEET for pin layouts. ;)

7. KRT87

Mar 22, 2011
    Is it possible because the device (manufactured) is a 2-channel device (stereo) and the diagram I have only shows half (mono) that those two numbers next to chipsets indicate which half these pins belong to?

The device is a stereo audio effect (or 2 mono) I know it has to have identical circuitry if the device was to be used as stereo so does this mean 2 signals share the same chipsets but separate (duplicate) components (ie resistors, capacitors etc)?