Hardware Test Point in Capture

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
In Eagle, you create a one-terminal component and place it like any other. I expect its the same in OrCad. There should be some in the library that you can adapt for hole-size etc.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
In Eagle, you create a one-terminal component and place it like any other. I expect its the same in OrCad. There should be some in the library that you can adapt for hole-size etc.
Same thing in Capture, I've used it and even like it.

AFAIK *every* connected feature needs to be in the netlist. Once to mount a TO-3 which needed 2 screws on either and I edited the transistor symbol to make 4 connections (pins) to the collector. That way the PCB passed a rules check 100%.

For something like a testpoint I'd just make a new footprint (is that what packages are called?) starting with a nice thru hole pad.

You may be able to make a mechanical symbol and drop it where you wish, but WHY? That shorts out the rules check, and you want these points where the schematic says they are anyway, so make then schematic features (parts).

HMartins

Joined May 10, 2011
Thank you.

That leads me to anther but similar problem.

I need to make a demo board. It should be single sided board using SMD ICs and resistors like E12 series mounted 'as if' they would be SMDs (see top image hereafter and two versions of the PCB footprint I propose).

scribd_dot_com/

/doc/131262186/FootPrint-Def

[oops doesn't like links ... hmmmm I am probably doing something wrong]

Where should I start? Should I try to find already existing footprints similar to the one shown, must I do my own footprint (Orcad)? This s the first time I need to convert schematic to PCB !!

Where should I start? Could I eventually have some links?

Thank you
Martins

Last edited: