Happy Thanksgiving

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sts-crowned-National-Thanksgiving-Turkey.html
Cheese - who will be rehomed at a country estate in Virginia instead of being eaten for dinner - was described as a 'grand champion' weighing 49lbs.

His alluring gobble was defined as 'loud' and 'romantic' with a 'country ring.'

This year the White House asked Twitter users to help decide which bird should receive the official pardon.

Cheese was vying against his buddy, Mac. But his larger size and head-turning squawk saw him claim victory.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Thank you, NSAspook. Happy turkey day to you and everyone else!

Traditional T-giving dinner at 5pm this year with all of the trimmings. Late this year, one son is eating lunch with his girlfriend's family. He will likely be too stuffed to eat anything with us, but my wife is delaying anyhow - with hope he will at least eat a drumstick with us.

By the way, I think a 49lb turkey requires some chemical assistance to get to they weight. I am sure the anti doping authorities will get involved next year.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I'm not much of a turkey eater. Raising the stupid things on a farm when young was way too much work.
My son is cooking so I have to eat some but I'd rather have a nice rib-eye roast.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Thank you, NSAspook. Happy turkey day to you and everyone else!

Traditional T-giving dinner at 5pm this year with all of the trimmings. Late this year, one son is eating lunch with his girlfriend's family. He will likely be too stuffed to eat anything with us, but my wife is delaying anyhow - with hope he will at least eat a drumstick with us.
Humm sounds like you have an extra place at the table this year. ;)

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
And to think the turkey was going to be the national bird if left to Ben Franklin. Would that mean we would have eaten eagle for Thangsgiving? ;)