Happy Mothers Day

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
If you're lucky to still have her do it, our time on this plane is limited.

You will miss her when she is gone.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
True. Actually my parents both still have their moms.

My fathers mother is 91 and unfortunately dementia has taken ahold fully.
My mothers mother was at the Mothers Day party that my brother, sister and I threw for her and my fathers birthday.

My fathers birthday is May 9th (today) as is mothers day, so it is a good party every year.

It is hard on those who have lost their mothers, but friends who have lost them were welcome to our party to eat, drink, and remember the good times.

No "She was stricken with cancer and suffered for 62 days before she died" allowed.

Just, "Remember when she tried to dance with uncle bob and knocked the punch bowl off the table?". and things like that.

A reason to celebrate moms, past and present.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
While my own and my wife's moms are gone, we get to start celebrating the kids wives (and the daughter) becoming moms. That old circle seems unbroken.

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
very true,
enjoy being with your mother every chance you get, especially on Your birthday. That's the day that she treasures the most. The day she painfully struggled to bring you in to the world.
Her birthday next and mother's day.
When she's gone, you will miss her.

My mother is buried at Norwich England, I haven't been able to put flowers on her grave for quite some time now.
I miss the gal,
She taught me how to play barrelhouse boogie on the piano.
Man, she could play!

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
My mom taught me what a full nelson is.

I believe it was after I thought the new glass table could hold my weight. (It did not)

You ever see the wrestlers use the half nelson hip throws? I got that too. (Into the couch cushions but I still saw stars)

We had some nice stuff...for a day or two. ;)

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
You are many days off, Rifaa. about 10 days off, to be exact. ;)

You better get her a new microwave for blowing hers up by cooking components, ;)