Happy Countries Poll

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
With a new government, things might change. :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24014551
For the better or for the worse?

I haven't had any discussions with them about the new prime minister, but most of my Norwegian friends seem to lean to the right and complain about immigration issues in Norway, so I assume they would be happy about this. I don't speak for them though, maybe I should ask them. For now, I'll just ask you; Is this a good thing for your country?

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Look at this Loosie, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

Looks like the Maldives is happier, 102 out of 110.

Denmark -41

Norway - 35
These lists are always misleading IMO. There are too many hard questions; Do all these countries actually keep records of suicides per capita? If so, do they report them? If so, do they report them accurately? I tend to trust the numbers for the more developed countries more, but even that greater trust is still very little trust. Last I heard, Ireland was losing young people at an unprecedented rate to suicide, and if I'm not mistaken, has always been a suicide leader, yet they are well down on the list.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
For the better or for the worse?

I haven't had any discussions with them about the new prime minister, but most of my Norwegian friends seem to lean to the right and complain about immigration issues in Norway, so I assume they would be happy about this. I don't speak for them though, maybe I should ask them. For now, I'll just ask you; Is this a good thing for your country?
Speaking for me, myself and I... I think it is for the better.

Lowering the taxes*.
Tightening in on immigration.
Less bureaucracy.

* One tax that pisses me off is the inheritance tax: For example; your parents have worked all their lives. Paying taxes, paying loans on time, and they own their own house, with no debt. When they die; the government taxes the inheritance. So basically you pay taxes of something your parents already payed taxed for. ARGH!!! On top of that, when they lived, as a retired couple, they had to pay wealth tax!!!

Yes, I'm on the right side!

I'm strictly speaking for me, and perhaps some Norwegian members do not agree with me, so be it.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Previous post moderated.
What does that even mean?

We can still see the post (and, if we can't, then it is particularly meaningless).

Is it just a head's up that is was on the edge but not enough to get removed outright? That it was modified to remove content that wasn't allowed but that what is left is deemed acceptable? That it can't be replied to? That it is being watched? What, exactly, does it mean when we see a notice that a particular most has been "moderated"?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
These lists are always misleading IMO. There are too many hard questions; Do all these countries actually keep records of suicides per capita? If so, do they report them? If so, do they report them accurately? I tend to trust the numbers for the more developed countries more, but even that greater trust is still very little trust. Last I heard, Ireland was losing young people at an unprecedented rate to suicide, and if I'm not mistaken, has always been a suicide leader, yet they are well down on the list.
I agree.

In almost all cases the data that makes up the lists comes from "official" sources who, even if they have absolutely no desire to or intent of skewing the data, are working with the numbers that they have available to them and, even more so, how those numbers are characterized varies widely from place to place. It could be about any topic. In some countries a newborn baby that dies is included in infant mortatily totals as long as the baby took a single breath, while in other countries a baby that dies before it is a week old is counted as stillborn. In some countries suicide is such a stigma that it is only recorded as a suicide if there is no more palatable alternative available. In others, a suicide may be categorized as due to another cause if it is believed that cause led to the suicide -- for instance, a terminal cancer patient that takes their own life might be recorded as having been a victim of cancer.

Then, as soon as you start talking about something as nebulous as who is "happy", there is no way to avoid biasing the results in favor of whatever the people doing the analysis believe should constitute "happiness".

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
What does that even mean?

We can still see the post (and, if we can't, then it is particularly meaningless).

Is it just a head's up that is was on the edge but not enough to get removed outright? That it was modified to remove content that wasn't allowed but that what is left is deemed acceptable? That it can't be replied to? That it is being watched? What, exactly, does it mean when we see a notice that a particular most has been "moderated"?
Yes, it was ill-stated. It meant that I moderated a post place just before mine and it is now out of sight.

@to6afre,
Please do not mount this post anymore, nor edits of it. Pictures of political leaders and their wardrobe have no place in AAC. Thank you for your understanding.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
@to6afre,
Please do not mount this post anymore, nor edits of it. Pictures of political leaders and their wardrobe have no place in AAC. Thank you for your understanding.
No I can not understand it. It was the dress it self not any political message I wanted to discuss. But anyway maybe the dress was to bad even for this forum. And since it was a non important comment(s) that got moderated Let bygones be bygones. No big deal I will not post it again

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
This was a poll how people feel in there every day life ,the relaxing way of life.

Nothing about stress ,it went wild for some reason. Bertus is still slumbering ,with

out a care being number one.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
A few members have retched's mail or phone, I think, but I know that he's not answering for over a year now.

I hope he's ok and that he just has better things to do than hang around in AAC.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Hey, Rifaa!

How are you?
Tell us what you've been up to lately!
Am doing OK...still hanging on. :)

As for what I am doing...! Um ! lesse....

Jens made me some proto PCB's which was actually very good. I have been trying to make PCB's but cannot get the heat transfer correctly, my laminator broke every gear when I tried the PCB :mad:. So I gave up.
The PCB's are for one project I started few years ago :D. I believe the thread is there for a big PSU. Right now the Volt/Amp meter PCB's are ready. I have tested the voltmeter PCB and it worked on the first go.
I had few 7 segments and had no more IC's. So I had to buy the ICL7107's. Am going to buy the 7 segments. The PSU controller PCB proto is designed but was a little late so I couldn't sent it to Jens to make the PCB with the initial batch.
So I thought I will try some photo resist method with these. They are not here yet.
I made 4 pcb's. 2 are volt and amp. One crossover PCB and one amp PCB.
The crossover and amp are for a PC speaker I am building.
The power amp and crossover IC's are also bought but not yet arrived.
Tht's it for now.

It's the election season and it's chaos.

R!f,long time no see ,are you ok??
I am good. Thank you. How's our China Girl ?

Last edited: