Happy Birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Br-549
I just showed your writings to several liberal environmentalists and, to my surprise, they all suddenly changed their minds and agree with your point of view. All of them said the same thing, who is this guy? Why is he posting this wonderful combination of irrefutable facts and insightful commentary on the off-topic section of an electronics forum. He should be posting in the Journals, SCIENCE or NATURE.

This topic is settled from my point of view - done.

Thank you.

sirch2

Joined Jan 21, 2013
sirch2, who told you that? That’s a lie. A most terrible and deceptive lie. This planet will be just fine for many, many years. You have nothing to worry about.
I wasn't going to reply because I don't like getting into things that are likely to become flame wars but my interest is piqued. I referenced great grandchildren so yes we are in agreement that the planet will be fine for many, many years but it didn't take anyone to "tell me that"; it is blindingly obvious. Whatever the politicians would have you believe the current violent upheavals in the middle east are to a large part about OIL and that is just one resource which is being consumed far too quickly. Your standard of living and mine is heavily dependent on the oil price.

I really, honestly, struggle to see how anyone with a remote interest in Engineering and Science (which I take as a given since you frequent this forum) cannot see that in 60 to 100 years if we carry on as we are then living standards will fall. You don't need to be told, you can work it out for yourself.

As I said, what ever you call it, the politicians and public need a label around which they can concentrate efforts to reduce the excessive consumption. And remember, cutting down energy consumption SAVES YOU MONEY. It seems that in all debates except this one, people want to save money on unnecessary expenditure and would welcome regulations that help with this, e.g. over powered vacuum cleaners

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
As always, global warming topics bring the snarky, sarcastic and dogmatic self out of people. We don't want those qualities dominating AAC, so this thread will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
atferrari Off-Topic 31
atferrari Off-Topic 11
MrChips Off-Topic 5
MrChips Off-Topic 12
MrChips Off-Topic 5