HAM radio reciever from PIC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Well, I dont think the XBee modules are near the same frequency as the HAM bands..

As for a 10mi range, you should only need enough power to get to the next closest repeater tower/station.

Without a license, it is all moot. HAMs listen and watch their bands. They help law enforcement to triangulate a "pirate". You must "post" your ID when asked, if you have a fake ID, or dont answer....

..its jail time ;)

There are SO many "tuna cans" that are supposedly great transmitters for keyed transmission, I suppose the bandwidth is too narrow for voice, but I am not licensed, and It has been 5 years since I was in a HAMs' "shack". As a teenager, I was mesmerized by all the "STUFF" going on in a friend of mines, fathers shack.

I would skateboard by, and if I saw his antenna cranked skyward, I would stop by.

He was broadcasting Morse, had an voice radio, and transmitted video.. His own HAM-TV station.

It was weird..the TV stuff... He had 4 cameras set up, and while talking and changing from one radio to the next, he "switched" cameras to keep himself in frame.

I always got in his way. ;)

He could hold a conversation with someone in a different language on one radio, and "hear and understand" a Morse call on another radio.. All the while making sure the TV broadcast was proper.

I never heard or saw any of his broadcasts, as he was the only person I knew with any gear like this.

When I get some time, a license is in my future.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
He could hold a conversation with someone in a different language on one radio, and "hear and understand" a Morse call on another radio.. All the while making sure the TV broadcast was proper.
Talk about multitasking!

I can barely walk and chew gum at the same time.:eek:

A HAM lisence would be nice. There is a "Relay group" in a neightbour city. One of them got a "thing" for old millitary radiotransmitter. I've seen pictures and all are nice and organized. Kind of like a museum.

Status
Not open for further replies.