Hall effect sensor

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by cpleng7, Jul 19, 2010.

1. cpleng7

Thread Starter Active Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Is that the hall effect sensor can measure the output power of the induction motor?

2. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
    There are all sorts of different types of Hall effect sensors, there are Unipolar, Bipolar, Latching, and even some with analog output....

I have seen the analog ones used for detecting current draw, but not output power...

B. Morse

3. cpleng7

Dec 18, 2008
    Is that any sensor is using for the output power measurement

4. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
    to measure output power you would need some kind of dynamo setup...

B. Morse

5. windoze killa

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 23, 2006
    I am not sure what you mean by "power output of an induction motor". Do you mean how much power it uses when it is operating? Do you want to know how much power it uses when operating normally or when it is in a stalled state? Are you trying to find out the amount of electrical power or mechanical power? A single line question is very hard to answer.

Having said that you can use a hall effect device to measure the current drawn by the motor and then use some more circuitry to indicate what this current is. You could even convert it into a power indication.

6. cpleng7

Dec 18, 2008
    is that have a lot of different between then electric power and mechanic power? i think i have to find electric power of the induction motor output.

7. windoze killa

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 23, 2006
    We need more information. Type of motor. A schematic of how it is wired. What you are actually trying to achieve.

cpleng7 likes this.