hakko 907

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by zdogefizzle, Jun 26, 2010.

1. zdogefizzle

zdogefizzle Thread Starter New Member

i recently purchased a hakko 907 soldering iron which turns out has a plug that has to plug into the solder station. after some research i found that the station outputs 24v ac and my iron takes 24 and is a 50w. the temperature ranges from 200-480. i was wondering if there was any way i could basicly bypass the station and just plug it into the wall like a normal iron. im not too worried about the temperature control as long as it gets hot somewhere in the middle or even lowest or highest setting would be fine. i tried looking online for a pinout of the station or iron and found NOTHING. i was just wondering if anyone knows how to do this or what kind of converter or whatever i need. i would assume i would need something since its going from 120 to 24.
    any help would be appreciated i dont want to buy a station and dont want this iron to go to waste so if this is possible at all does anyone know?
  2. retched

retched AAC Fanatic!

It would be quite unsafe, and would be cheaper to buy a few dollar iron.

Especially the price for the replacement tips and heaters in Hakkos, you would want to get yourself a 15w to 30w iron. Harbor Freight has them for around 5 dollars.

That way, when you need a temp controlled iron, you wont have ruined the Hakko.

By the way, did you get this on ebay?
    http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=32407