h bridge

Mhlengi

Joined Sep 28, 2012
Hi, I am building an H Bridge to drive a 2A @ 12V motor and I am using a 555 timer for the signal, so I tested the circuit at 7.5V DC but the motor only rotates in one direction, I use a 4.7k variable resistor for controlling the motor and this only makes the motor speed slow when the variable is turned fully anti-clockwise n the speed fast wen the variable is turned fully clockwise. Any suggestions on how I can change the direction.

Mhlengi

Joined Sep 28, 2012
Thnx Dave bt now the circuit needs to have an OFF state and dts when the variable resistor is in mid position, I'm suspecting the variable coz I first used a small one and the motor only vibrated then I only got motion when I used the 4.7k...oh one other thing is when I played around with variable resistor dat is moving it from side to side, the motor wud change direction.

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
You talk weird. Text speak? DTS is a company isn't it?
Please type in complete English words so you do not read like a little kid.

Mhlengi

Joined Sep 28, 2012
dts- that's
Coz- because
Dt- that
Wen- when
bt- but
Wud- would

Hope u understand now, please appl these to the post above and not forgetting the suggestion please.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Thnx Dave bt now the circuit needs to have an OFF state and dts when the variable resistor is in mid position, I'm suspecting the variable coz I first used a small one and the motor only vibrated then I only got motion when I used the 4.7k...oh one other thing is when I played around with variable resistor dat is moving it from side to side, the motor wud change direction.
I dont get what your on about, please can you post your schematic ?