H-bridge is not woking properly

vinodgambhir53

Joined Apr 3, 2012
Inverter circuit based on smps topology.
Smps frequency of 40khz.
Ir2110 working on 12v supply.
But please help me in h-bridge circuitry.... In hbridge the ho of ir2110 get burn when i applied it to mosfet...l1 ,l3 and l2,l4 are couple inductor values shown in schematic....please help me why ir2110 ho get burn while applying supply in h-bridge....tell me wht to do..
Thanks in advance

Attachments

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
You are trying to use 1N4007 diodes, which are far too slow for your application. You should use Schottky diodes. 1N5819 diodes would work just fine.

C3 and C5 are quite large; this will cause them to have large inductive parasitic values. You should have smaller caps in parallel, like 0.1uF, and as close to the ICs as you can get them. Also, the only time these caps can charge is when the low-side MOSFET is turned on; as it provides the path to ground for the low side of the boost caps.

You do not show caps across the supply and ground pins of the IR2110. You must include these, or you will have problems.

If you have installed Q1 and Q2 as shown in the schematic, they have the drain and source terminals swapped; this will cause the body diodes to conduct.

You don't show your board layout. If you are trying to breadboard this circuit, you probably won't get it to work, as a breadboard will have too many parasitics.

You are using a 4069 to invert the signal. You really should be using something like a 74HC14 instead, as 74HC IC's are far faster than the 4000 series CMOS. Don't forget that unused INPUTS must be connected to Vdd or GND.