h bridge inverter with low frequency transformer

ducat

Joined May 29, 2011
hi guys. I new to d forum and I have been enjoying d the discussion so far. I need some help on building a h bridge inverter with low frequency transformer. My parameters are. Output voltage-220vac, input volt-24vdc. Freq-50hz. Power-500w
I'll need assistance on d pwm control and mosfet configuration. I am using irfp260 mosfet and ir2110 MGD.

ducat

Joined May 29, 2011
thanks. I've worked on d push pull configuration and I got very good result. The problem I have is on d h bridge configuration. The mosfet heats up and dies after some minutes. I'm use sg3524 as my pwm control. The outputs drives d Hin and Lin of both mosfet drivers respectively.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
It will be very hard to tell you what you should try to correct this problem without knowing what is causing the overheating to begin with. It could be timing issues, it could be parasitic capacitance from the circuit layout, it could be many things, and it is not possible to GIVE you a solution without the proper cause being identified.

ducat

Joined May 29, 2011
I didn't consider timing.. I'm using SG3524 for my oscillator and it has no dead time control. What is d ideal time for mosfet OFF state with a 50Hz oscillation. Thanks

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
Hey doc I've got a fever, can you tell me what type of surgery I need via email? Oh yeah, I've been bitten by some bugs about two days ago, but I used mosquito repellant and had good luck with that.

Are you going to give more information about your circuit? Perhaps a schematic of exactly what you have built? Or do you like the answers you are getting in this guessing game of abstract possibility?

You are not going to get very far on solving your issues unless you step up and present the problem/symptoms correctly and let us examine it!