Guys !!! Look what I got.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
U wouldn't believe this cause I can't believe it....

I really dunno how or why it got to the auction but there it was.
U guys buy this for like $$$$, but I got it for a measly $20.00 :D

It's a Freaking LCD Panel ....brand new

Five of 'em ended up in a throw away auction.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
You could put some legs on it, and have a nice table. :)
Actually, that is a great idea assuming he could get the thing working. You could have a coffee table that displays patterns or maybe photos.

Now if he could figure a way to make it touch sensitive, he could hook the table up to the internet and / or make the table a giant remote control. I'll bet you would never lose that :)

tom66

Joined May 9, 2009
If you can't get them working, smash them up a bit (or microwave one... actually, probably not a good idea), illuminate the back light and bingo: funky light up table with cool patterns.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Very funny guys....Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho Ho !!!

Just wait and see what I would do with it...I am going to make the lotta you bunch green with envy...just wait and see. U never know what an an evil genius can cook up.

By the way I think this thing somehow co-incised with that sony thread I started ( not yet finished)... I know , I will upload the photos and the details of that story, just am a bit buzy with my house construction. I rarely could get a good nights sleep u know..
I will dig in deeper to see how a Sony brand new panel ended u pin an auction. Dunno where this will lead me to..;)

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Why do I have an odd feeling that Riffa is gonna yank the power board and display driver from a 15" LCD screen and somehow get the wires to match this display?

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
He's just trolling to see who he can get to design a CCFL and receiver for it. ;)

Like I said, it'll make a nice black coffee table; just put some concrete blocks under the corners for supports. :D

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I will dig in deeper to see how a Sony brand new panel ended u pin an auction. Dunno where this will lead me to..;)
Container pilferage (without knowing what is inside) makes people to sell valuable things for peanuts. Is up to the buyer to explain/demonstrate that he ignored the origin of things.

More common that you could image...

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Well , atleast one is thinking of something that I am thinking.

Coffee table..Sgt.....never in a million years..photo frame maybe..

PS..I manage to find a matching LVDS board with a connector that fits flawlessly together with the panel ribbon....

Oooooooooooooh!!! I am getting all fuzzy inside... just wait.....and see..

magnet18

Joined Dec 22, 2010
I like wookies idea, but you might want to put some glass over it and turn it on...
:D
If you were really clever you could probably wirelessly interface it with an ipod touch to display whatever you want :)