Guys Get On Board Lets Chip In For A Computer

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
If you can't read between the lines and help do some thing good,

you need not read this post, a belated Christmas spirit. I feel good about

this,it will change your life to be giving.

Loosewire

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008

Loosewire
What are you talking about? Speak plain English, it is what I understand. I am not good with subtleties or second guessing.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
It's all in the Off Topic...
And 100% Loosewire also. Usually a Loosewire post contain about 3 topics vague discussed. Before he conclude on a fourth topic not discussed at all. But this was kind of new. Do we see the contours of a paradigm shift here:p

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
What are you talking about? Speak plain English, it is what I understand. I am not good with subtleties or second guessing.
Again remember who posted the OP. :rolleyes:

I thing loosie is referring to buying Derstorm a new PC. No offense to Derstorm but if he wants a PC I think he should buy it. But Loosie is welcome to contribute.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I saw a Hare Krishna guy in our city a few days ago.

There is a Hubbard spider in my cupboard as well it's shy, if I open the flap door very slowly it does nothing, but when I open it fast it makes a noise, and it will run quick into it's burrow.

The spider is like a small computer it does a survival compuation based on it's sensory input and it does it fast. Lives months in the dark from just a few insects.

What's the Hare Krishna guy computation? Information distribution since the end is nigh? Or simply, THE Hare Krishna will appear on earth pretty soon.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009

Loosewire
In order to collect money. I suggest we make something like the AAC equivalent of the the famous Pirelli Calendar. And yes this will include glamour photography including artistic nudes. You can be the January picture Lossy. I am sure you can use your favorite ocean theme. But of course much more spicy and glamorous. Should not be a problem. Since I am sure you Lossy and many other members carry a exhibitionist within them

Last edited:

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011

Loosewire
Loosie, you don't have to do this, really. I can't thank you enough for the gesture. It is very generous of you, but I just can't accept. $400 is a lot of money to ask for.

I have PayPal, and it looks like that's how the transaction will take place. It'll cost an extra $12, but I think it'll be worth it. I'll have the computer by next week :)

I thing loosie is referring to buying Derstorm a new PC. No offense to Derstorm but if he wants a PC I think he should buy it.
I couldn't agree more. It just wouldn't be fair to you guys if you bought me the computer. I've never done anything like that for you, so it just wouldn't feel right you doing it for me. But again, I really appreciate the offer ;)

Best wishes

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009

Loosewire
A few times in several discussions I, and some other members, have expressed the opinion that one should live a little below their means and focus on the needs, not the wants.

That said, pitching in money in this case, would make us contradict ourselves.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I have, I've given out numberous Dev kits and components to members thru out the years. I can get you a computer but it won't be a great one. I think I can get you a 3.0ghz P4 2GB, for $25.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
This is a electronic experiment ,do we over come resistance on both sides and have the capacity

to do a good deal. Is it a good deal ,we have experts to look at the( Sears Catalog- that the catalog

when you were a kid,looking at things you would never have ) the op post describing what he would

like to have. The op thinks it a deal that won't come along for a while. Check out the op 's post.

Last edited:

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Hahaha, this is the thread I started about the computer I'm planning on buying:

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=79819
Oh I know but $25 for a video editing able cpu even though its a p4 3.0 is still a great deal. I have friends here that recycle electronics so they get overloaded with CPU's, thinclients, monitors, laptops, etc.. They even get pretty good macs occasionally I can get you a great deal on. Since their so heavy with their lead lined cases shipping them is a nightmare so they prefer to sell them locally. Their shippers end up getting 30% sent back because of shipping damage to case.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
@ Georacer, I would like to have a lot of things too, I don't have a I-pad.

I don't have the time,I could save time and use quotes on the forum.

I just type out a few words and run,I understand your post.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I'm with you loosie! I always try to help those who are starting out or need something I have that I know I'm not gonna use or need. If someone actually needs one of the many dev kits I have for school or work and I just play with it once a month or year for S&G's then I'll give it to them. Or if its expensive an they gotta buy it sell it to em at a crazy low price. Price alone back in the day when I was a kid is what kept me out of the embedded game. So I try to help out younger people that can't afford dev kits I've sniped on ebay for pennies on the dollar.