Guitar Reverb Pedal Problem - Tina-TI help

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Spencer Acoustics, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Spencer Acoustics

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 2, 2014
    Hey Ya'll,

Absolute newbie here and I took on a very ambitious project - a guitar reverb pedal. I built the schematic on my breadboard and nothing. No surprise, first timer so I expected that. Now I love diagnostic work so this is where my fun really begins. I have friend that is a former electronic engineer and he suggested a put the schematic into a Spice program to help trace out the issues I am having. No problem, I downloaded Tina-TI and got started.

My problem is that I cannot find the LM78L05C voltage regulator anywhere in Tina's models. The help index says that the LM78L05 is one of the models included but I do not see it under voltage regulators or any other category. Can anyone tell me where I can locate this? Or is there a better, more modern equivalent that I should use? Can I download it somewhere (can't find it a TI web site either :mad:)

I would love to figure the problem out using this software, or similar software. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,

Randy

2. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    With that kind of guy by yours side, i wouldn't have though you would need simulation!

You don't need the 7805 it is just a source of 5v supply? Other than that it has no bearing on the circuit?
    Max.

3. crutschow

Expert

Mar 14, 2008
    You might also try LTspice, which is a free download from Linear Technology, and is used by many on these forums. It doesn't have an LM78L05C model either but, as Max noted, you should just be able to use a voltage source in it's place.

Edit: Post your circuit if you'd like us to take a look at it.

4. Spencer Acoustics

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 2, 2014
    You are right, it is just a 5 volt power source. So, skip the part and just put in a 5v power source and the analyzer will not know the difference? I think I can do that. I'll give it a try.

5. THE_RB

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 11, 2008
    Or you could use the model for the 7805 (not the smaller variant 78L05). The 7805 is so common there must be a model for that.

6. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    Surprisingly, Tina doesn't have 78xx or 317/337 regulators.

7. THE_RB

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 11, 2008
    Wow. :eek:

-1 for the spice girls.