Guitar pedal; Multisim

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Buchan, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Buchan

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 11, 2011

I am currently in the process of designing and building this pedal. However, before getting round to building it (and out of curiosity), i would like to try it out on multisim. I have limited knowledge of multisim. I had a look at this thread

Is that correct for a function generator at the input (J1), and how would you connect an oscilloscope at the output instead of an output jack (J2)to see the effects of when the switches are switched?

Any help would be appreciated. Any pointers on how the volume, distortion and filter parts of the circuit work would be much appreciated also.
  2. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    A function generator is to be connected in the input. Then a regular oscilloscope block can be connected to the output to show you the result while running the simulation.

You can also run a sweep or transient analysis on the output, once you connect any source in the input.
  3. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    The very old LM308 opamp is obsolete and is not made anymore. Newer opamps will sound different.
  4. praondevou

AAC Fanatic!

Jul 9, 2011

Good luck with simulating all this in Multisim. I suppose you have a fast computer? :rolleyes: