Guidelines for UPS charging/discharging

outlucky

Joined Nov 25, 2012
Guys, i am working for a Power Plant project. This is a 130kVA UPS. Since i am a newbie, i wish to understand the procedure on how the Charging process is going to take place. Further, his UPS would be used to power up the Distributed Control System (MaxDNA). Further interconnection procedures would be helpful.

PS: Guys, please pardon my noob questions. I am newbie in this field.

outlucky

Joined Nov 25, 2012
Oops, i thought this thread would have overflowed with replies.

Anyways, the charging was done on DG power since the availability of grid power is unpredictable and at the same time of lower grade. By grade i mean the voltage/frequency variations are there. The charging time was 18hrs followed by discharging for about 6 hours. In this process, the resistor bank which we were using got burnt due to some reason best known to God (investigation under progress).

Joined Nov 30, 2010
From looking on the internet, I conclude that Emerson Hipulse is still in business. I suggest that the people that made that machine know how to use it much better than anyone here.

outlucky

Joined Nov 25, 2012
Appreciate and completely agree. The manufacturer knows better about the system, however, i am sure you people can help me out with what all things need to be taken care of, recorded and monitored during the charging of UPS and DCS power up.

outlucky

Joined Nov 25, 2012
Sorry for late reply. The manual was indeed very helpful. Let me go through it, and i will be back with my questions.

Thanks a lot:)