Guide Me To First Glance Of Arduino

circuitfella11

Joined May 10, 2013
hi guys,

i don't know if i can post it here..

i currently wanted to start with arduino, well i see that there different instruction sets from arduino and different boards..

correct me if i'm wrong, there are several boards for different kinds of applications and processes.. and i wanted to start in one of them. how can i take a choice from these boards to start with??

---thank you and regards

Rbeckett

Joined Sep 3, 2010
Your board size is dictated by the complexity of your project and the number of in/out puts you include. Bigger powered chips have more storage for programming, have a more complex and powerfull command set and generally are capable of doing incredible amounts of work if properly employed. Best idea is decide how much power you will need and tailor your purchase and training to that series of chip. Once you decide what your building determine the requirements and go from there. I usually start with a middle level chip and look up and down to insure I have the best options available. If you just want to learn Generic Arduino then most of the mid sized chips can do a bunch of stuff pretty easily. Arduino is lind of like Picaxe and is very easy to learn the more basic language and system. Full blown PIC Micros are a little steeper learning curve due to the language they use to program them. Arduino is a basic more logical system, compared to C and C++. Good luck and enjoy the arduino, they are a lot of fun to work with. I'm building a brew controller with a 16F877a. and having a blast.

Wheelchair Bob

circuitfella11

Joined May 10, 2013
thanks for the answer arbeckett, pretty much appreciated it because its from someone who's having a good time with arduino..

if i were to start at the mid part, then i'll skip the starter kits.. can i start with ArduinoBT? since it supports wireless comms?

Rbeckett

Joined Sep 3, 2010
The great thing about Arduino is the instruction set is pretty much universal across the range, so get a good ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) socket for programming, build the basic programming circuit and your in business. Once you get to wireless , PIR, and various shields you will realize that the open source design and readily available code snips make the Arduino's a real pleasure to work with and really make getting results quickly even easier. I would start pretty basic and build up so that you understand the stacks and limitations of the language, but once you get past the Hello World demo you pretty much have it whipped. Good luck and have fun.

Bob