GUI for multiple feedback low pass filter

kdillinger

Joined Jul 26, 2009
Hello all,

I want to create a GUI where a user enters the R and C values for a multiple feedback low pass filter using an op-amp to view a bode plot (gain and phase).

I have derived the transfer function of one stage (attached) and am inquiring what language would be best to use. I am sure programmers are scoffing, as any language would do, but I am an analog engineer and the last time I programmed was in school 5 years ago.

I have full versions of MATLAB 6.5, LabVIEW 7.1, and Visual Studio C++ 6.0. I am leaning toward MATLAB because I recall inputting these exact type of LaPlace functions and I believe there was a 'laplace' command.

Has anyone used MATLAB or other languages to do a similar project?

Attachments

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Something like Visual Basic is already there, so to speak. The capability of that language to produce Windows GUI screens is what VB is all about.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Matlab will do it quite easily. The beauty of doing it in matlab is that you have access to the underlying functions for bode plots and data manipulation.

Are you familiar with the GUIDE in Matlab? Type doc guide at the Matlab command prompt.

Dave

kdillinger

Joined Jul 26, 2009
Thanks Dave.

Yes I have been playing with MATLAB and I think this would be the easiest route for an analog guy. The underlying commands so far are tf() and bode().