Guess what chip I have? I dont know.

bugg

Joined May 12, 2011
Hello, I bought LED light controller that has (I think) a Pic chip,

now the chip info has been sanded off. so it makes it harder to clone a china stuff. :rolleyes:

But a little in on the pinouts,

it is 14 pins, 3 buttons that each shorts to ground to 3 pins on the chip.

Each button changes the patterning/code.

all the PICAXE chip that are 14 Vcc and Gnd are 1 and 14.
But this chip is not that way,

Pins
1 - N/C
2 - N/C
3 - N/C
4 - Vcc 5v connected to pin 7
5 - in from GND to change code mode 1
6 - in from GND to change code mode 27 - Vcc5v connected to pin 4
8 - in from GND to change code mode 3
9 - N/C
10- N/C
11- GND
12- N/C
13- pin out to Transistor 1
14- pin out to Transistor 2

If I can find the right data sheet for this I can try to read the chip and re-wright the chip to do what I want each pin to do.

I have played with PIXACE Chips like the 08M 18M, I have made Ham Beacons to play Morse Code, Repeater Controllers, etc...

Thanks for your time. Sam

AlexR

Joined Jan 16, 2008
That chip could be anything but in any case if they went to the trouble of sanding off the chip markings you can be pretty sure that they also enabled code protection so that you will not be able to read the program out of the chip.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Ahh...the true purpose of microcontrollers...to make sure even the nerdiest people can't repair things that break. It's good for sales!

bugg

Joined May 12, 2011
ok, thanks, I know I can re design the board and build my own version to do what I need it to do.

I',m going to modify the buttons and connect a 08m to then to control then.

because when you add power nothing happens, you have to press a button to start the code.

so what I'm going to do is use the 08m and tell it to press button 1 wait like 1000ms or so and then he next button. etc.

or, like i said a min ago resign the board. and have it do what I want it to do. and just loop the code..

well thanks again, off to work....

RiJoRI

Joined Aug 15, 2007
Sometimes, if the sand-man was lazy, or sloppy, you can lick your thumb and run it over the top of the chip, and the chip info will show up briefly. If your saliva evaporates to quickly, reapplication is possible.

--Rich

bugg

Joined May 12, 2011
here I go.....

nope. I wounder if there is any info on the botton side.

Same Controller as seen here. and a youtube video.

again I know its some kind of PIC chip I can use the parts like the transistor and thing to rebuild it on my own board.

but a wasted chip if i can read/write.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Now wait a sec there. While you can't read the program in there you can replace it with your own code.

But I can't find any 14 pin PICs that use pins 4 & 11 for power & ground. I'm not sayin they don't exist, just I didn't find any in my search.

If you do find such a device you can tap into the ICSP lines to write your own stuff on their hardware.