GSM controller

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by Rolandchok, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Rolandchok

Thread Starter Member

Apr 18, 2008
    how can you control a circuit using GSM technology or a cellphone. you can turn off or on a circuit in just a txt or a miss call. any program where i can you this? thanks guys

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    GSM, like our cellphone standards, is a means of sending digital data in the 900 MHz region. Here is a link to some information - http://www.iec.org/online/tutorials/gsm/.

I think that if you want the receiving device to do some action on receipt of a text message or a missed call, you would need an external device to listen for the definitive beep made by either condition.

The alternative would be to buy a phone and hack it so the microcontroller inside will respond as you wish. That would be a big effort, especially as the code that runs the phone is locked so it can't be read out. You would have to learn the communication protocols well enough to duplicate the functions built into the phone, plus add your own.

3. SAE140

May 1, 2008
  4. n9352527

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 14, 2005
    Also do a search on F-BUS protocol for Nokia phone. There are many circuits out there, using microcontrollers, that interface to Nokia phone using F-BUS. As a bonus, the phones are not difficult and pretty cheap to obtain.

5. Alberto

Nov 7, 2008
    Rolandchok You can find a complete working project at my blog site.
    The controller will activate 8 outputs and report the status of 8 inputs using a gsm modem.
    Enjoy

http://techni.caliti.es/blog/

Alberto

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  6. noels

Apr 1, 2009
    i bought a device from sim entry in the UK. you can call the sim card in it and the relay output closes. its dead simple. i use it to open my gate.

7. skyliner

May 21, 2012
    i am making a project based on sim900d gsm which interfaces with pic16f877a and then turns on or off the LED depending upon the sms instruction sent from a cell phone to the gsm module!! can anyone provide me a c code for the microcontroller??